Important Announcement: Considering the current crisis due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak, to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the event, the iCETiC 2020 will be held in an interactive, live online setting. All matters related to quality, publication and indexing remain unchanged. We are closely monitoring the situation – If any further adjustment is deemed to be necessary, detailed announcement will be made in due course.
After successfully organising the second conference of this series, International Association of Educators and Researchers (IAER), registered CIC (Community Interest Company) in England and Wales, is happy to arrange the Third International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Computing (iCETiC ’20) 2020, which will be held from 19th - 20th August 2020, at London Metropolitan University, London, UK in an interactive, live online setting.
iCETiC ’20 is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE UKRI Section, IEEE UKRI ComSoc Chapter and the Chester and North wales Branch of the British Computer Society. However, iCETiC ’20 Proceedings will be published in the Springer Nature Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (LNICST) Series, in cooperation with EAI.
LNICST series is indexed in WoS/ISI as well as in Scopus having 2018 CiteScore: 0.45 and SNIP 0.293; SJR 2018: 0.152 (Q4).
iCETiC ’18 and ‘19 Proceedings, also published in Springer Nature LNICST Series on the same day of the conference, is available at SpringerLink: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319954493 and https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-23943-5.
The conference will draw together researchers and developers from academia and industry. For inclusion in the Springer-Verlag LNICST series, the papers must adhere to Springer’s Guidelines for Authors of Proceedings, instructions for which can be found at: ftp://ftp.springernature.com/cs-proceeding/svproc/guidelines/Springer_Guidelines_for_Authors_of_Proceedings.pdf. The easiest way to do this is to download and use the MS Word 2003 Proceedings template. Selected papers for consideration for further publication from the conference may be recommended for the following journals, as shown in the table below. This will be after they have been asked to be substantially extended and enhanced. However, the journals’ respective Editor-in-Chief and the members of the Executive Board will make the final decision about the inclusion of the papers. Furthermore, invited extended papers will be published in an edited book by Springer-Verlag.
Journal Name Publisher Major Indexing
MDPI ISI/Web of Science, Scopus, ACM DL, DBLP, INSPEC
ISI Impact Factor: 2.677
Journal of Database Management (JDM)
IGI Global ISI/Web of Science, Scopus, ACM DL, DBLP, INSPEC
ISI Impact Factor: 0.462
Computing and Informatics Institute of Informatics Slovak Academy of Sciences ISI/Web of Science, Scopus, DBLP, INSPEC, EBSCO
ISI Impact Factor: 0.524
Open Engineering De Gruyter Scopus and ISI/Web of Science, EBSCO, DOAJ
SJR Impact Factor 2018: 0.211
Open Computer Science
De Gruyter ISI/Web of Science, EBSCO, DOAJ, DBLP
Annals of Emerging Technologies in Computing (AETiC)
IAER Scopus, ISI ESCI (evaluation under process)
There will be a range of events from keynote addresses, technical and poster sessions, workshops and tutorials. The formal sessions will be supplemented by an excellent social programme.
Work in progress, research papers, survey papers, application and theoretical papers, poster presentations and position papers for the workshop are all welcome.
Full papers, adhering to the Springer-Verlag LNICST paper formatting (Read Submit Paper), should be submitted using the Microsoft Conference Management Toolkit (CMT).
Scope of the Conference
The conference theme is the “emerging technologies” as outlined by Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2020. Papers are sought on any topic in the spectrum of the conference theme, including, but not limited to the following:
Cloud, IoT and Distributed Computing
• Internet of Things, Everything and Nano-Things
• Cloud Computing, Fog Computing and Big Data
• Location-dependent/Personalized Application
• System Architectures and Platforms
• Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• Embedded Computing with Applications
• Low Power, Energy-Aware Pervasive Computing
• Smart Devices
• Middleware Services and Agent Technologies
• Intelligent Devices and Environments
• Security and Privacy Issues for Pervasive Systems
• Ubiquitous Computing, etc.
• Methods and Techniques for Software Dev.
• Software Maintenance
• Requirements Engineering
• Object-Oriented Technologies
• Re-engineering and Reverse Engineering
• Software Reuse
• Software Management and Risk Analysis
• Software Architectures Design
• Middleware Components
• Software Testing and Quality Assurance
• Verification and Validation
• Software Evaluation, etc.
Communications Engineering and Vehicular Technology
• Computer Networking
• Telecommunication Systems
• Wireless Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks
• Network/Information Security
• Security Protocol
• Cognitive Radio
• Cooperative Communications
• Radio Resource Management and Optimization
• Vehicular Communication Systems,
• Information Theory and Coding Systems, etc. AI, Expert Systems and Big Data Analytics
• Artificial Intelligence
• Machine Learning
• Big Data, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
• Information Retrieval
• Social Computing/Media
• Natural Language Processing
• Neural Networks
• Expert System
• Decision Support System
• E-service Intelligence, etc.
Web Information Systems and Applications
• Web Information Mining and Retrieval
• Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
• Web Services, SOA and Grid Computing
• Deep Web Technology
• XML and Semi-structured Data Management
• Semantic Web and Intelligent Web
• Multimedia Data Management
• Web Information Engineering Methodology
• Web 2.0 and Social Information Network, etc.
• Network Security and Cryptography
• Virus, Worm and Malware Analysis
• Security in Embedded Systems and IOT
• Cloud and System Security
• Security in Cyber Physical Systems
• Web and Application Security
• Access Control, Firewall and IDS
• Privacy and Trust Management
• Big-data Trust, Security and Privacy
Database System and Application
• Database and Information System Architecture and Performance
• Applications of DB Systems and IS
• Multi-databases and Database Federation
• Temporal, Spatial, and High Dimensional DB
• XML and Databases
• Distributed, Parallel, P2P, and Grid-based DB
Economics and Business Engineering
• Supply Change Management Technology Computational Economics and Finance
• Industrial and Systems Engineering
• E-Management, E-commerce and e-Business
• Business Information Systems
• Technopreneurship, Technology and Innovation
mLearning and eLearning
• e/m-Learning, Blended and Distance Learning
• Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs)
• Ethical Issues in e-learning
• Mobile Assisted Language Learning (MALL), etc.
• Any other topic not covered in the regular tracks
At least one author must register and physically attend the conference. Presentation via video-conferencing may only be allowed under special circumstances. For further details, please see the registration link.
Main Conference Submission Deadline
(See workshop/tutorial pages for other deadlines)
22nd March 2020
14th June 2020
Notification of Acceptance Continuous Process
Camera-ready Submission 12th July, 2020
Last Date of Registration (Authors) 12th July, 2020
Last Date of Registration (non-Authors) 31st July, 2020
Conference Dates 19th-20th August, 2020