• The SOAS GLOCAL COMELA 2022 (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) is the (annual) conference/workshops and lectures on the Linguistic Anthropology, Sociolinguistics, and Language and Society, of Europe and The Mediterranean.
• National and Kapodistrian University of Greece, University of Patras, Democritus University of Thrace, University of Patras, University of the Aegean, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University of Crete, SOAS (University of London).
• University College London, University of Bologna, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Temple University, University College Dublin, University of Groningen, University of Bucharest, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Stockholm University, the University of Hawai’i at Manoa - and over 200 other global universities.
• National and Kapodistrian University, Athens, Greece.
• July 19-23, 2022
• General Papers - Colloquia (including 10 national Greek Universities presenting panels) - Posters - Workshops/lectures on research and publishing methodology, and on ethnography, by globally prominent academics. (including ELAR SOAS) and publishing companies - Special Panels – Anthropological Association of Greece, Ethnographic Society of Greece, and others - Keynotes: Jan Blommaert (MEMORIAL) (Tilburg University), Dimitris Dalakoglou (Vrije University).
• Publishing companies - Universities - Endangered Alphabets Atlas - Local and International Ethnographical Association.
• Demonstration by the Anthropological Whistle community from Evia, Greece. - Cultural performance by the globally renowned Likeion Ellinithon Dance troupe.
• Meteora Monastery, Greece - Diminitsa Anthropological Village, Greece.
• All proceedings will be SCOPUS / ISI indexed, and as such, all papers published in the proceedings will achieve this index. Journal special issues will also be published as SCOPUS / ISI. Conference proceedings (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) - Conference Proceedings and Several special Top Tier journal issues and monographs are planned with well-ranked publications and publishers only, from papers submitted to The GLOCAL COMELA 2022 that meet review requirements.
• The GLOCAL COMELA 2022 abstract submission deadline is November 1, 2021 (notification within 2 weeks). Submit at the following link, with all information. https://comela2021.uoa.gr/submit
• Bounded Languages ... Unbounded: The GLOCAL COMELA 2022 invites work on the shifting boundedness of Language Communities of The Mediterranean and Europe. Submissions should acknowledge and describe processes of language shape, change, and ideology, pertinent to social, cultural, and political histories and futures, of the Mediterranean and European regions.
• see: https://comela2021.uoa.gr/sc-committee/
• Strict sanitary regulations throughout the conference will be maintained.
• Ms. Anastasia Tsantes, SOAS, University of London, U.K.
• Email: [email protected]
• Main website: https://comela2021.uoa.gr
• Submission link: https://comela2021.uoa.gr/submit
• Academia: https://soas.academia.edu/GLOCALSOAS
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/soas-glocal-unit
• Facebook: https://facebook.com/GLOCALSOAS