Building on the collaborative research and discussions that were at the center of the 2017 Neuroimmunology Cell Symposium, the goal of this symposium is to explore the interface between the nervous and immune systems during development, homeostasis, and disease. The meeting will examine the mediators, mechanisms, and implications of neuro-immune crosstalk in the central and peripheral nervous systems. It will also cover emerging areas such as the neuronal regulation of peripheral immune function and the influence of the microbiota on the brain. We will bring together researchers from across the fields of neuroscience and immunology to facilitate discussion of exciting new concepts and developments in both fields.
- Development, homeostasis, and plasticity
- Crosstalk in the periphery
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Neuroinflammation: infections and autoimmunity
- Cellular players: mixing the single cell maps